The 16th International Workshop on the Physics of Compressible Turbulent Mixing (15-20 July 2018 at Marseille, France) is now finished. Once again, we would like to thank all of you for your participation in the IWPCTM16. We hope that the meeting was scientifically fruitful and that you have spent good times at Marseille last week.
The book of abstract is accessible by this link : Book_Abstract_IWPCTM16.pdf.
The proceedings of the conference are now available and downloadable here
We wish Devesh Ranjan and Praveen Ramaprabhu good luck for the organisation of the next conference.
IWPCTM16 Organizing Committee
This workshop focuses on both fundamental and applied aspects of turbulent mixing, and includes :
- Rayleigh-Taylor instability
- Richtmyer-Meshkov instability
- Kelvin-Helmholtz instability
- Combined instabilities
- Compressible and variable-density mixing layers
- High speed mixing in Scramjets
- Entrainment and mixing in sheared interface flows
- Experimental, numerical and theoretical studies
- Numerical, experimental, analytical and semi-analytical techniques
- Direct numerical simulation (DNS), large-eddy simulation (LES) and Reynolds-averaged turbulence modeling
- Applications including inertial confinement fusion (ICF), astrophysics, high-energy density physics, scramjets, and materials science
- 15th january 2018: Extended Deadline for abstract submissions
- February 2018: Acceptance of abstracts
- 30th April 2018: Earlybird registration closes
- 1st June 2018 : Deadline for special rates at Hôtel Intercontinental Marseille
- 30th June 2018: Registration closes
- 15 July 2018: Welcome reception
- 16-20 July 2018: Workshop Presentations
- 15th November 2018.: Deadline for submissions to the published proceedings
The conference will take place at Hôtel Intercontinental Marseille – Hôtel Dieu, downtown Marseilles (see map here). We have arranged special rates at the Hôtel Intercontinental Marseille – Hotel website
The city of Marseilles offers a variety of historical, scenic, and sporting sites that you will be able to enjoy very probably under sunny skies.